Terms & Conditions
If you are unable to attend your appointment, please reschedule using the online diary or call 020-3637020 in advance. 24 hours notice is required for appointment changes or cancellations. Any missed appointments without prior notification may be charged at the appointment fee.
You will be charged at the end of your visit. For current rates, visit https://chirodepijp.nl/en/practice-information. We don’t accept cash, credit/debit cards only.
Your first appointment will last one hour. A standard appointment lasts 15 minutes. Please arrive several minutes in advance to allow yourself time to relax and get comfortable. We are trying to release tension from your body so it really helps if you’re not stressed and in a rush. After the correction we suggest that you avoid looking directly down and take a short walk before sitting or driving. You do not need to undress or get changed for your corrections (except for during the first appointment) but please wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing.
Normally the treatments during standard appointments are done in the open room, but there is always a closed room available. If you wish to be treated in a closed room please let us know.
When a client seeks our care and we accept a client for such care, it is essential for us both to be working towards the same objective. Our care has only one goal. It is important that each client understands both the objective and the method that will be used to attain it so any confusion or disappointment can be avoided.
The care in our office is unique and distinct in healthcare, and we emphasise the inherent recuperative power of your body to heal itself, without the use of drugs or surgery. We focus on the relationship between structure (primarily the skeleton and posture) and function (which is controlled by the nervous system), and how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of your health. Supporting the body while sitting, sleeping and standing all play a part in the care you receive in this office and help to ensure maximum benefit. We recognise the value and responsibility of working in co-operation with other health-care practitioners when it is in the best interest of the patient and may discuss referral options if needed.
The goal at Chiropractie De Pijp is to improve your biomechanics by correcting bones out of place in a direction the body cannot self-correct because it has no muscles or combination of muscles pulling in the direction needed. The purpose of which is to ‘unwind’ the body through old injuries and back to a state of ideal biomechanics notwithstanding any permanent changes that prevent full unwinding from taking place.
A correction is a series of resetting manoeuvres of the appropriate skeletal bones preceded by release of adhesions/scar tissue of the meningeal system surrounding the central nervous system. The correction manoeuvres are generally pain free but the potential of injury is present. Usually, these are minor and can be rectified immediately. Please work with your practitioner to help you during these rare times.
We will also advise you on the important matter of how to keep these positive changes to your body to enable it firstly to unwind and then to maintain that state once unwinding is complete. More information regarding this advice will be provided after your initial consultation.
Unwinding generally is a pleasant process as overall physical stress is being reduced. There are times, however, when old injuries ‘unwind’ out and cause symptoms. These can include but are not exclusively; pain, aching, stiffness, dizziness, tiredness and mood changes. If you stick to the advice and your treatment plan these phases are usually short duration and your body will be in a better physical state afterwards. Generally, the worse physical condition your body is in, the longer and more severe these symptoms can be. More information will be provided regarding unwinding after you have been for an assessment. It is your duty to read, understand and accept the unwinding process before starting a course of treatment with the understanding that the unwinding process can be tough at times and you must be sure that you will be able to tolerate and work through these periods.
Chiropractie De Pijp will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit), or for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client.
It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they provide Chiropractie De Pijp with up to date health details prior to each treatment. Upright will not be liable for any damage that occurs as a result of the client’s failure to disclose such details.
The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by their practitioner regarding their responsibilities towards self-care. Nothing in these terms of business shall exclude or limit the practitioner’s liability for death or any personal injury resulting from the practitioner’s negligence.
We endeavor to treat all of our clients respectfully, appropriately, compassionately and fairly. What we value above all else, is your satisfaction with the service we provide. If, however, you have an issue with any matter in relation to your treatment, please follow the steps of our complaints procedure (www.chirodepijp.nl/complaints-procedure).
Your privacy and personal data
We gladly inform you about the processing of your personal data.
We store your personal and medical data digitally, in order to provide you with good care. We process your personal data according to our privacy and data safety policy. You agree with this storage (processing) by having your care carried out by our practice.
This is how we process your personal data:
- Your personal data is stored and used in order to provide you with good care.
- Your personal data is only shared with other parties in order to provide good care. When it is legally necessary to ask your permission first, we will ask this particular permission beforehand.
- Your personal data is processed in accordance with the treatment agreement as described in the ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’ (in Dutch: WGBO).
- You may see parts of your personal data. If you are interested in this, please send us a written request.
- You may request us by letter to adjust your personal data, when you think your personal data that we have stored is incorrect.
- You may request us to erase your personal data. When we do so, we are (or may) not be able to provide you with good care. The Dutch ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’ demands a holding period of 15 years. In that case we store your data in an inactive archive, invisible and unusable for normal users.
- You may withdraw your given permission regarding us processing your personal data. When you do so, we are (or may) not be able to provide you with good care any longer. In that case we store your data in an inactive archive (see above).
- You may object to the way we process your personal data.
- We will inform you when something goes wrong with your personal data.
- We store your personal data only for as long as necessary to provide you with good care. We do this according to the legal holding period stated by the ‘Medical Treatment Contracts Act’.
- Everything stated above also applies to personal data we receive from third parties.
For each client we:
- Set up a new record on our Clinic Management System (Cliniko).
- Collect details with an intake form through JotForm and add those details to the client’s record in Cliniko.
- Take posture photo’s with PostureScreen and an iPad camera, and save those to the client’s record in Cliniko.
- Use Cliniko and Gmail to send treatment appropriate emails (non- marketing).
- May send a maximum of two e-mails per year (using MailChimp) regarding important changes in the practice that may affect the client’s care.
Data from inbound e-mails (including intake form information from JotForm) is stored on our company email servers, which utilise Gmail. These emails are synchronised across devices, office computers, tablets owned by the business, and iPhones owned by the business. All accounts are password protected as are the devices used to access e-mails. All our data is stored in the cloud and as such there is no local physical backup.